Santa Barbara Drug Crime Attorney
Drug Crime Defense in Santa Barbara
Whether you have been accused of drug possession or of distributing, manufacturing
or trafficking drugs, you need to retain knowledgeable drug defense immediately.
Speak with our Santa Barbara drug crime attorneys at Appel & Morse
to learn what you may be up against. We can discuss your charges, your
potential penalties, and walk you through the criminal justice system,
At Appel & Morse, we are committed to ensuring your rights remain protected
every step of the way. You can count on us to provide personalized and
aggressive defense to help minimize the impact of your charges on your future.
Call our Santa Barbara drug crime lawyer at (805) 467-6060 to request a
Common Drug Charges in California
Whether your charge involves marijuana, meth, cocaine, heroin, or a prescription
drug, our criminal defense team at Appel & Morse is prepared to fight
for your best interests.
Common drug charges include:
Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a narcotic
Possession for sale of a controlled substance
- Transportation and sale of a controlled substance
- Sale or furnishing of a controlled substance to a minor
- Selling a substance in lieu of a controlled substance
Common Drug Charge Penalties
While every case is different, a drug conviction can result in:
- A lengthy prison sentence
- Hefty fines
- Mandatory drug counseling and treatment
- Forfeiture of assets
- Termination of government provided benefits
Causing serious complications to
Drug Charge Defense Strategies
When law enforcement stops and searches your belongings, they must follow
strict guidelines and respect your constitutional rights. If law enforcement
officials violate legal procedures to obtain evidence against you, then
that evidence can be thrown out by a judge.
Oftentimes in drug cases, the following has occurred that may weaken the
- There was no probable cause for a traffic stop.
- The California rules for search and seizure have been ignored.
- You, the suspect, have been wrongfully entrapped.
- There is no evidence that the drugs in question belong to you.
- You had a prescription for medical marijuana for personal use.
Fight Drug Charges with Former Deputy District Attorneys
If you would like to learn more about what you can do to challenge your
drug charges, please give our Santa Barbara drug crime lawyers a phone
call today! We would love to provide you with a free, criminal consultation. With
our 30+ combined years of legal experience and unique insight as former prosecutors, you can be confident that your
case is in good hands.
Contact our office
at (805) 467-6060 and get a former deputy district attorney in your corner.