Charged with an Alcohol Offense in Santa Barbara?
Contact a Santa Barbara Criminal Defense Lawyer
While it might not seem like you are causing a disturbance or causing any harm, alcohol offense charges can land you with serious penalties. It's important to fight these charges as soon as possible and make sure that your rights are upheld throughout court proceedings.
With more than three decades of collective experience behind us, we have the resources to handle a wide variety of cases.
Alcohol-Related Cases We Handle
Santa Barbara takes even the smallest alcohol-related offense seriously. If you are arrested for any of the following charges related to alcohol, you can expect hard-hitting penalties from law enforcement.
We can help defend you against alcohol-related offenses such as:
- Disorderly conduct: According to Penal Code Section 647, an individual can evidence disorderly conduct in a number of ways, including through solicitation and prostitution, loitering and illegal lodging, prowling and peeping, or public intoxication.
- Display of open container: You can be charged with this offense if you had in your possession on any public street or other public area a "bottle, can or other receptacle containing any intoxicating liquor which has been opened, or a seal broken, or the contents of which have been partially removed."
- Drunk driving : Even just a first DUI charge can result in a maximum of 180 days in jail, a fine up to $1,000, a driver's license suspension up to 6 months, mandatory alcohol program attendance, and more. Subsequent offenses will incur even harsher penalties.
- Furnishing alcohol to a minor: Those who provide any alcoholic beverage to any person under the age of 21 years old may be charged with this offense.
- Minor in possession: You will be charged with "minor in possession of alcohol" if you are under the age of 21 and you possessed an alcoholic beverage on any street or highway or public place or any place open to the public.
- Public consumption of alcohol: You can be charged with this crime if you "drank or consumed any intoxicating liquor in the unincorporated areas of the county upon any public street, public sidewalk, public highway, public parking lot or public alley."
- Public intoxication: Public intoxication is the act of being in a public place under the influence of alcohol or a drug, so that you are unable to "exercise care for your own safety or the safety of others and so as to interfere or obstruct or prevent the free use of any street, sidewalk or other public way."
For a Free Consult with Our Santa Barbara Alcohol Defense Lawyer, Call (805) 467-6060
If you have been charged with any alcohol-related offense, we can review your case and discuss possible options. Our team of defense attorneys is also comprised of former prosecutors who know our way around the courts and the criminal justice system. We provide free criminal consultations and have over 40 years of combined legal experience we can put to work for you.
“Ian is awesome and I highly recommend him to anyone in my circumstance.”- Jeff E.
“He is the perfect lawyer for criminal cases. Thank you Ian.”- Anonymous
“MOST Patient & kind! Clients are a priority!”- Natasha