Santa Barbara Drug Crime Attorney
Drug Crime Defense in Santa Barbara
Whether you have been accused of drug possession or of distributing, manufacturing or trafficking drugs, you need to retain knowledgeable drug defense immediately.
Speak with our Santa Barbara drug crime attorneys at Appel & Morse to learn what you may be up against. We can discuss your charges, your potential penalties, and walk you through the criminal justice system, step-by-step.
At Appel & Morse, we are committed to ensuring your rights remain protected every step of the way. You can count on us to provide personalized and aggressive defense to help minimize the impact of your charges on your future.
What Are Some Common Drug Charges in California?
Whether your charge involves marijuana, meth, cocaine, heroin, or a prescription drug, our criminal defense team at Appel & Morse is prepared to fight for your best interests.
Common drug charges include:
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a narcotic
- Possession for sale of a controlled substance
- Transportation and sale of a controlled substance
- Sale or furnishing of a controlled substance to a minor
- Selling a substance in lieu of a controlled substance
What Are Some Common Drug Charge Penalties?
While every case is different, a drug conviction can result in:
- A lengthy prison sentence
- Hefty fines
- Mandatory drug counseling and treatment
- Forfeiture of assets
- Termination of government provided benefits
- Causing serious complications to immigration issues
What Are Some Defense Strategies Against Drug Charges?
When law enforcement stops and searches your belongings, they must follow strict guidelines and respect your constitutional rights. If law enforcement officials violate legal procedures to obtain evidence against you, then that evidence can be thrown out by a judge.
Oftentimes in drug cases, the following has occurred that may weaken the prosecution's case:
- There was no probable cause for a traffic stop.
- The California rules for search and seizure have been ignored.
- You, the suspect, have been wrongfully entrapped.
- There is no evidence that the drugs in question belong to you.
- You had a prescription for medical marijuana for personal use.
Fight Drug Charges with Former Deputy District Attorneys
If you would like to learn more about what you can do to challenge your drug charges, please give our Santa Barbara drug crime lawyers a phone call today! We would love to provide you with a free, criminal consultation. With our 40+ combined years of legal experience and unique insight as former prosecutors, you can be confident that your case is in good hands.
At Appel & Morse, we work to ensure our clients understand what is happening with their cases and how to best defend their interests. Our mission is to obtain the best results based on a true understanding of each client's unique circumstances.