If You’re Charged with a Crime, Avoid Serving Time
Whether you committed a crime or not, the idea of potential incarceration is never a settling thought. Your future, family and well-being could be at stake if you don’t have aggressive advocates backing you up. Luckily, you’re not alone. Our team of fierce, respected attorneys will fight for your future, and best of all, we know how prosecutors think, act and do. Why? We are led by a relentless husband-and-wife duo who were former deputy district attorneys themselves, meaning we can anticipate every possibility you may face and work tirelessly to fight for an outcome that keeps you out of prison.
We will confidently fight any and every charge our clients face to prevent their incarceration, and instead argue for alternatives like:
- Probation: Rather than serving time in a prison, you may be granted surveillance in your home and community by a probation officer depending on your offense. Misdemeanors such as DUIs, petty theft and domestic battery are punishable by jail time, but we will work diligently to reduce your outcome to probation. This option can endure from one to three years, or even longer depending on the case, and we view this as a brighter substitute that’s worth fighting for.
- Electronic monitoring: You can look at this as digital incarceration, in which you’re ordered to wear a wrist bracelet or ankle “shackle” used to monitor your location. This option limits you to your home and excludes you from certain zones in your community. You may experience this during pretrial or trial, post-conviction, probation or parole, and we will thoroughly examine every detail needed to make this possible for you.
- Fines: If you’ve been charged with something like a misdemeanor, drug crime, sex crime, among others, you’ll likely face hefty fines and even jail time. Even in the case of serious crimes, our experienced team of negotiators will do everything possible to lower your fines and dismiss incarceration.
- Diversion programs: This alternative describes intervention efforts that aim to redirect behavior through rehabilitation and other remedy programs. If you’re facing a low-level crime such as a misdemeanor, we’ll waste no time fighting for your chance to heal and get back on your feet.
Count on our team of seasoned litigators to approach your case like it’s our only one. We offer:
- A free phone consultation
- 40+ years of combined legal experience
- An extensive track record of success
- Flexible appointment times, including weekend and evening appointments
- Flat fees and payment plan options
The last thing we want is to add more stress to your plate. We understand how complicated the judicial system can be, so we provide timely counsel every step of the way to give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Now that you’ve found compassionate, patient lawyers to defend your case, what’s next?
- Schedule your complimentary consultation with us
- Browse our website to learn more about why we’re meant for you
- Take a deep breath and relax, we’ve got you covered
Our team at Appel & Morse will do everything we can to protect your future. We have your best interests at heart, and we will do everything in our power to prevent hostile outcomes.
Contact us as soon as possible to secure prompt representation from our team. We proudly serve clients all along the central coast, including Santa Barbara, Lompoc, Santa Maria, Ventura and San Luis Obispo.